Thanks to the woman in a white shower cap at Costco, Jeremy sampled some quiche. Several times. He kept devouring the petite cups of florentine quiche, and making me go back for more. "Dat!" accompanied by the pointing finger. I think the woman caught on that we were making a midday meal out of her free offerings. So, I indulged her and asked where the quiche could be obtained. "Really, I am not a mooch," I tried to transmit. She smiled blandly and pointed to the ice box behind her. As I deposited the oversized freezer pack of 72 quiches in my oversized cart, I wondered whether Jeremy would eat them with equal gusto at home. Or whether he was just starved.
Fortunately, he eats them here too, making it less likely that the remaining 70 pastries will develop freezer burn en route to the trash. It certainly makes MY diet more interesting. Since I have assumed a "one for you one for me" meal plan on my days home with Jeremy, I find myself subsisting on yellow and orange foods like banana, macaroni and cheese and ... cheese. The quiche is a welcome treat! Just think, I can even whip them out at impromptu play dates and impress the moms! Yeah, right.

2 comments:
LOL! I'm glad he enjoys them at home too.
Costco samples.....pure evil. We've ended up with several items that we normally would have passed by but....the boy eats it so I guess that's good.
Two weeks ago we eneded up with this nasty looking Odwalla Green Super Nutrient drink. I won't touch it with a ten foot pole but the boy guzzles it daily.
Post a Comment