Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The train! The train!

It was a typical morning. Jeremy woke up crying, clinging to my shoulders and insisting that we go downstairs to fetch his morning bottle of milk. Go straight to the kitchen. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

After the first couple of sips and Jeremy could breathe a little easier, his eyes grew softer and began casually scanning the horizon. His gaze almost completely glossed over the family room, but did a slight double take and I saw him make a mental note, "Check out the play area after milk is gone."

Sure enough, once composed and fortified, Jeremy ran to the table with a smile wide enough to drive a caboose through. He took exactly four seconds to dismantle the track that I had spent at least 15 minutes arranging to perfection, and immediately began reorganizing the track the way HE wanted. As it should be!

Unfortunately, a sore throat and burgeoning molars have knocked Jeremy off of his game the last couple of days, so he has spent less time at the table than I had hoped. In due time he will, I am sure.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Ahhhh - what a sweet boy. I'm glad he likes his table and I'm positive it will become a favorite plaything for many years to come.

Kristen said...

I'm so happy that he liked it. It looks like something I'd like to play with too!