Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter. Spring. Hope. Joy.

I apologize for the lack of pictures lately. One very fast moving boy is certainly not suitable subject matter for still life shots.

I'll try to describe snapshots I wish I could have captured today.
  • Jeremy and Rizzo standing shoulder to shoulder with noses pressed against sliding door glass looking out at the interminably grey wet sky wondering when they can go outside to play. (Soon, baby, soon.)
  • Jeremy discovering an Easter egg tucked in his beloved vacuum cleaner, in the walkie-talkie holder in his police car, in the bath tub.
  • Jeremy draped in deep slumber over Mama's shoulder while Mama, Mommy and 200 other people sing loud and wonderful Easter songs and prayers.
  • Jeremy mastering the egg hunt at church, quickly scanning the fellowship hall for his prizes.
  • Once home, Jeremy proudly inspecting his plastic egg collection, all neatly arranged in his egg carton, wondering whether to open the egg with the goldfish, the egg with the Cheerios, the egg with the whistle, or the egg with the finger puppets.
  • Jeremy covered in pork fried rice, picking out the precious peas and coveted carrots.
  • Jeremy falling into easy slumber, comforted by all the hope and renewal and affirmations that Easter brings.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I can picture each of those snapshots in my head :)